Monday, June 25, 2007

Going Home

It's been a few days since my last post. This morning we're getting ready to leave so I'm a bit hurried. Internet access has been very bad the last two days. When I get back to the states, I'll post a few more updates from the trip.

A few things I will discuss in future posts include our trip to Tuol Sleng (Khmer Rouge torture facility), a visit to a christian orphange (this was AWESOME), and an interview with a monk who is now a professed christian and trying to leave his pagaoda (temple). I get back to the states early Wednesday morning so I will try to post these updates before Friday night.

Finally, I'm excited to tell you all that one of our tour guides accepted Christ the other night! He's a young married man who was searching and asking alot of questions. The other night, one of the guys in the group led him in prayer and he made the decision to follow Christ. (more to come on this when I return). Pray for him! his name is Sokhin (so-keen) and he needs discipleship.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I'm excited to see you all when I return to the land of ice cream sundaes and boston cream donuts. Bring it on! :-)

4 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Yea! You're comin' home, You're comin' home! Yippee, Skippee :) Fly safe :)

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are coming home! Praying for a safe return for your entire team. Can't wait to find out more about the trip. Also want to know how/why Princess Bride and Aladdin are you favorite movies. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey its great to hear that you are all coming home safe, and that your trip went great. I cant wait to hear more of your stories when you get back, stay safe.
P.S. the anymous comment about the taratualas was me. So howd that go by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

Ron Oskam Said.......

I just finally got around to looking at your blog -- sounds like you had a fascinating trip. I think it's great that you were able to get some insight as to how Christians in another part of the world live out their faith. I think it's something that the Church in the West really doesn't comprehend (I don't comprehend it....)Talk to you soon....